What is Silver Dollar City?
This Branson theme park first opened its doors in 1960, but its charm certainly lies in the multitude of activities, rides and shows this facility provides. With the backdrop set in the 1880’s, Silver Dollar City also puts on various festivals, such as the Kids Fest in the Summer, World Fest in the Spring and An Old Time Christmas in the winter, and offers live entertainment. It is the perfect family vacation, with things to do and see for all ages all year round! Just remember, the park does close during the months of January and February.
For The Thrill Seeker:
Of course Silver Dollar City boasts a fabulous array of rides for all ages, sizes and excitement levels. Here is just a sampling of what the park operates and one of best characteristics of each and every ride is the specialty theme they all incorporate:
• Powder Keg- Passengers are air launched in 2.8 seconds at a rate of speed from zero to 50 miles per hour over hills with a more than 100 foot drop.
• Thunderation – This coaster travels through the trees at up to 48 miles per hour and does include an 81 foot area of descent.
• Wildfire – Feast your eyes on the splendid Ozark Mountains while traversing loops at speeds topping 60 miles per hour.
• Fire-In-The-Hole – This roller coaster is situated indoors and allows passengers to view the results of the Baldknobbers’ activities after they ransack the town.
• The Flooded Mine – This is ride is simply a boat that glides through a mine manned by prisoner workers who are attempting to escape.
• The Steam Train – This features a train in the throes of plunder. It is a reconstructed locomotive train with no height requirements for children.
• Outlaw Run – Revealed to the public just last year, this is the tallest wooden roller coaster at 16 stories with the steepest drop, is the swiftest wooden coaster with steel wheels and the only one that goes upside down.
• The Grand Exposition – This consists of 10 different family rides, such as teacups and spinning animals.
• The American Plunge – This water ride descends five stories at more than 35 miles per hour.
• Lost River of the Ozarks – Another water ride, this attraction seats up to six passengers, and takes you through white water rapids.
• River Blast – With more than 150 targets, this ride is merely a water gun war spread out over a channel of more than 550 feet.
As one of Silver Dollar City’s goals is to cater to children, the park provides:
• Kids-U-Cation Resources – This is an online service where children’s time at the park is created for them by Silver Dollar City in accordance with their age and grade level in school.
• Marvel Cave – With more than 600 stairs, visitors’ legs might be a bit sore the next day, but offers a terrific view of a very unique cave. Tours of this wet, limestone cave go off every 30 minutes and last for roughly an hour. They feature the Cathedral Room, the largest cave entrance in the nation.
• Culinary & Craft School – A team that works exclusively at Silver Dollar city provides hands-on tutorials where people can create and eat some outstanding dishes. There is an extra cost for this activity and reservations are recommended.
• The Shops – Of course if you want the usual theme park trinkets, Silver Dollar City has plenty of stands to suit your every need, but the real diamond in the rough that sets it apart is the specialty crafts these facilities provide. For example there is broom making, candle dipping, glass blowing, leather working and blacksmithing. The demonstrations these craftsmen and women offer are exceptional.
After The Lights Go Down:
Another goal of Silver Dollar City is to entertain in all forms. For those visitors that enjoy shows and music, the park presents a multitude of festivals to choose from that transition throughout the year. Here is a slice of what they have in store:
• Bluegrass music
• Country music
• Holiday shows
• Children’s shows
How Do You Get In?
There are various types of admission passes, but here at Branson Ticket and Travel, we offer discounted prices such as purchasing two days at Silver Dollar City for the price of one! You can place your order online by clicking here and we guarantee they will be delivered by hand to the front desk of where you are staying in Branson. With more than twenty years of experience serving customers vacationing in Branson, trust us to provide for all your vacation needs. For more information about our discounts to Silver Dollar City or what the park consists of please feel free to contact us at 1(800) 432-4202 or locally at 417-335-2707 today!